Thursday, September 7, 2017

Hurricane Harvey Help

Good Morning,

First, Thank you all for coming last night.  It was wonderful to touch base with so many of you.

I forgot to mention last night that we have adopted a classroom in Texas.  The teacher, Lucy, that we have been matched with had to leave evacuate quickly and was unable to save anything.  She is in need of a new carpet, leveled books and pillows.  It feels like the best way to support her needs is to purchase an amazon gift card.  I spoke with the children about this and a couple of students have already brought in their coin collections :)  If your family is able to contribute in any way,  I will be collecting money until next Friday, September 15th.  I would like to send the gift card on Saturday.  If you have any of these items that you would like to ship, I can share her address with you.

I hope you have been hearing about exploring things we are passionate about and how to approach learning with optimism.

This group of children are amazing!  I am so excited to learn with them this year!! Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment